What's the point?

 What's the point of saying that you can choose your own topic when you're still going to reject some?


Don't understand what's going on you ask? Well, let me enlighten you:

I'm in the English period on Microsoft Teams. The teacher says to us that he wants us to write a speech. We can choose any topic that comes to mind, but, we have to run the topics through him before we start. 

*enlightenment over...*

In my mind I think "Time to unleash the beast". I instantly came up with the topic "A list of the fastest cars in the modern generation"

That's a good topic, right?

Of course... to the general public (or the non-petrolheads), they'd think that the fastest cars in the world are Lamborghinis, Ferraris and the like... But there are other companies that make cars even faster than those... the likes of Hennessey, Bugatti, SSC. These are considered hypercars... Bet you didn't know that.

So, it's now time to pitch our topics to the teacher. One by one, my fellow schoolmates list their topics, and sir is agreeing with each and every single one of them. Now it's my turn. I pitch my topic to him (because I know I could write and gather so much more information about this topic, while still being in my comfort zone). The teacher says NO... NO!!!! My word was I turned off. And then he proceeds to say "I think we all know what the fastest cars are... A topic about cars? No." I was so tempted to ask him whether he really knows about what I want to talk about, but I decided to keep it to myself and spill all my thoughts here. If you're going to make the speech a free-for-all, you can't say no to a topic... You might as well make it a set topic speech then!

Now i'm left stranded with nothing to talk about that's in my comfort zone, and no thoughts about anything.

Mara haai, what can I say...

(Thanks so much for reading this blog. I'd like to ask you to subscribe to the blog so you get notified when I release a new blog. Also, sharing with your friends would be greatly appreciated.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suddenly there was absolute silence... (fiction)

Rejection

Mom.