Crushes and competition


Crushes

We've all had a crush on someone before, am I lying? Be it now or sometime before, when you were younger, you always had your eyes on this one boy/girl.

Me, well... I've had crushes on many a girl, and many of those crushes i've never followed through with... It always started and ended the same: There's an attractive girl; I get attracted; I look at that person like a creep; it ends there 🤷🏾‍♂️

There are a few exceptions to that... namely the time I burst out of my bubble and decided to follow through with the crush... I told a girl how I felt about her... She said "we'll talk about that"... we haven't talked about it since.

These days, however, that crushes 'cycle' has gone through a radical change. Now it goes like this: I see an attractive girl; I get attracted; I talk to the girl; we become friends; we talk even more(occasionally) then it kinda ends there....  I feel like shit's gonna be too awkward and probably embarassing either for me or the girl if I try to "shoot my shot"

At school, you see, there are lots of beautiful, lovely, amazing ladies at school, and i'm glad to be considered as friends by them, but there's always that one girl that you wanna be "more than just friends" with... I dunno if it's just me, but when I see this person, my heart picks up it's pace... it starts beating frantically. When we talk, even for a little bit, I smile from ear to ear (you just won't see the smile underneath the mask)

This brings me onto the next topic:

Competition

Many boys looking to "cuff" the finest ladies around... and they actually succeed. You may be eyeing on someone but by the time you decide to tell her, she's been taken away from you...

Of course, that person you're eyeing may be eyeing on someone else, and so you may not have an oppurtunity to make your move, and that's kinda sad. Imagine that you love someone do dearly, but she either

a) Doesn't even know you exists

b) Does acknowledge your existence, but isn't remotely interested in you..

Sometimes I ask myself: Why bother when there's always a vulture hovering above your prey? It just tends to end in tears and heartbreak sometimes 💔.

Comments

  1. Woooooooooow keep up the crushing Chana...... Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mxm we always friend zone you because you don't have direction you fall for every skirt you see but keep it up. Keep falling and we'll keep friend zoning. You doing a good job my gee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stop crushing and shoot ur shot simple ...life is too short
    If u don't take the leap you never know what could've happened

    ReplyDelete
  4. Problem with u is that u already thinking negative but also the type of the relationship u build with the ladies is based mostly on friendship instead of romance... Dunno if u get me

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Suddenly there was absolute silence... (fiction)

Rejection

Mom.