Suddenly there was absolute silence... (fiction)

This is one of my attempts at a fictional story... Enjoy the story!


It was a calm night here in Honeydew. There were clear skies outside and little to no activity in the neighbourhood. I was in the house alone (as usual). My parents always worked the night shift, so I always spent the weeknights alone. I sat by the window, counting the stars while eating a bowl of instant noodles.

It was not my first time spending the night alone. Ever since 2019, when my parents got a new job, I have been left alone, so I was used to it. However, what happened on that night I did not expect. I called it a night at 11:04pm. I switched off the television and the lights and went to my bedroom. I tucked myself into bed and scrolled through Instagram on my phone. It takes me a while to fall asleep, so I spent quite a while on Instagram. As the clock signalled the start of a new day (it was 12AM) I heard several loud footsteps outside the house. I thought that it was just a couple of passers-by. How wrong I was.

After several minutes, the footsteps stopped, awfully close to the front door. Those “passers-by” were house robbers that were gathered outside the house, arguing about something. I stood by my bedroom door trying to listen to what they were arguing about. Suddenly there was absolute silence.  It got so quiet that my ears started ringing. That eerie silence continued for a couple of minutes. That silence was broken by the sound of glass shattering.

Scared, I tried finding a place big enough for me to hide, as I had a feeling that those thieves were going to come into my room inevitably. I found a spot in one of my cupboards. As the commotion continued in the living room, I grabbed my beloved laptop and phone and took cover in the cupboard. With my heart beating out of my chest, I waited anxiously for the robbers to rummage through my bedroom.

After several minutes of vases braking and tools falling, the crooks left the house, with only the television from the living room. Shaken, I got out of my hiding place to assess the damage by the robbers. Apart from a broken window, everything else was relatively unscathed... Considering how long those crooks took, that was pathetic… (I say this while I was crying like a baby in the cupboard). Fortunately, our neighbours were useful on this occasion. They managed to call the cops during the robbery, and they arrived at the scene of the time relatively quickly, and they apprehended the suspects.



Comments

  1. Needs more creativity bro. But keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not too bad for a beginner. Don't stop till you get it right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed it keep it up there's still more room for improvement ��

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woooooow creativity at its best Chana...... Well done

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rejection

Mom.